One of the most effective method is e-learning is through Scenario based learning (SBL). This methodology aims to promote deep learning and awareness among its participant by putting them in real and critical incidents and help them to make correct decision based on its outcome.
Participants are encouraged to interact and connect them to subject by the way of SBL. In this method, many people use videos, stories, real life tasks or multimedia techniques to give learner an experience for lifetime. It helps in many ways if in future the learner gets similar situation, they will react effectively. While we do SBL, many times learners keep it in mind what will be their reaction to certain action but to make it permanent, SBL needs to have following characteristics:
- Realism – try to keep events as real as possible
- Learner Centric – we should keep learner in mind, motivate them by giving scenario that uses their strengths and overcomes his weaknesses.
- Interactive – high level of interaction makes scenario more memorable
- Involve applied learning strategies – we should try that SBL should involve participant’s skills and knowledge, giving him task that involves his brains. By this method participant learn by doing the task and not just by hearing the information.
Another effective method of e-learning is through case based learning. This technique is also used with students, by this method learner engages himself in real based scenario and takes decision as per the situation. It helps to build knowledge, improves communication and motivates them to take a decision. It is also effective for employees for motivating them, building their leadership quality, managers give them a case to solve where they understand the scenario what company is going through and then judge it as per his knowledge and skills what should be corrective action.
Benefits of Case based learning:
· It’s fun solving cases
· Apply their knowledge
· Improves communication
· Cost effective as compared to SBL
· Improves learning – as we use other’s experience
· You get to know different solution for same situation
Older methods of training used to be quite boring but now with times these methods have changed completely. Companies are ready to spend huge amount of money just for training their employees and with modern methods like SBL, game based learning, case based, etc so that their morale gets boost up and they give more than their 100 percent to their company.